Journey to Enlightenment

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Received through Automatic Writing

Extracted from my book "Down To Earth" (the way it is)
& available free from the new web site (( http://www.hometospirit.com ))

........................ LIFELINE TO A FRIEND ............................

I was strolling through a field when I saw him standing there.
He stood before a painting of the man from Galilee,
As if to reach in silence for some distant clarity.
Quite lost in thought he trembled as his face set with a frown.
The painted man gazed back with love, though blood flowed from his crown.

This strange affair drew me closer for I saw the man had something on his back!
He faltered with the weight – an evil black monstrosity,
Its claws gripped tight his shoulders in obscene profanity.
The man stood bent and silent, hypnotised to search his past.
I marvelled at the length of time he’d let such torture last.

I could contain myself no longer and called across to him.
He jumped with fright and shaking, turned to meet my puzzled face,
I said “How long has that monstrosity been clinging in that place?”
I pointed and he turned to look, to see if it was there
Then screamed in pain, “Each time I look it pulls hard on my hair.”

Well! You can imagine, my attention was caught and I had to know more.
His distress was quite apparent and I sought to comfort him,
I asked him if his creature was his payment for a sin.
Through tears he said, “ I know not how it grew so gross and black;
I felt it as a child, quite small, unnoticed on my back.”


Clearly his memory was sharpening. He moaned, but I urged him to continue.
“It was only as an aged man when I realised its size.
I tried hard to conceal it using barricades of lies.
The more I tried to shake it, the more it held on tight,
And the lies I dreamt for others, plagued me each and every night.”

Remorse and sadness true; but seeing light around the corner, I tried to interrupt.
I said, “ It’s time to realise, you get a second chance.
Just give the man from Galilee a thoughtful second glance.”
His weary eyes were glinting as he saw how light was there,
While his monster slowly lifted and diffused into the air.

I decided it was time to leave him, standing muttering to himself.
I knew his heart was heavy, but he stood up tall and straight, saying,
“I must turn back to my family, to mend the hurt and hate.”
I glanced back at the painting of a man for souls to seek,
As a perfect golden teardrop, trickled slowly down his cheek.


Blessings
Richard
.................. (( www.hometospirit.com )) ..........................
........................................................................................

About Me

My photo
Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Just a Messenger.. Long term relationship.

Stats Counter

extreme tracking

eXTReMe Tracker
eXTReMe Tracker